12TH & PORTER ANNOUNCES MUSIC CITY BREAKTHROUGH CONTEST
Winner Receives Support And Promotion Via Partners Including Blackbird Studio, The Blackbird Academy, Viacom, Lightning 100, Summerfest, United Record Pressing, Among Others
- Submissions are open July 22 - September 2, 2014. Bands may enter the contest via www.12andporter.com.
- A select Music Council comprised will select 21 finalists from the entries.
- Three finalists perform each night at 12th & Porter for seven consecutive Tuesdays. Finalist performance dates are September 9, 16, 23 and 30 and October 7, 14 and 21 at 8:00pm.
- Fans vote online to choose the top three bands to compete at 12 & Porter on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
- The music council will select the winner and make an announcement on November 7, 2014, at 12th & Porter.
Winners will receive:
- Two days rehearsal space at The Blackbird Academy’s live facility and five days of studio recording at Blackbird Studio/The Blackbird Academy
- One week of placement on the home page of MTV Artists or CMT Artists (genre dependent) and featured placement on the artists’ page (www.mtv.com/artists/ or www.cmt.com/artists/)
- One slot as the Lighting 100 Local Artist of the Week and on-air interview with Wells Adams
- A slot at Summerfest in Milwaukee
- A slot at Musician’s Corner in Nashville
- A 32-track live recording and 3 camera video shoot of the live performance at 12th & Porter
- Social media and web site promotion of the artists on title sponsors’ online platforms
- Vinyl Pressing
- Additional sponsor gifts including photography; hair, makeup and styling; merchandise, web design and more